What is nature pedagogy?
It is a way of being with children in the outdoor setting.
- Whether you have a purposeful learning objective or just for fun
- Whether you make frequent visits to a natural setting, one precious excursion, or anything in between
- Whether you have lots of space or a little
Being on nature's terms and in 'nature time' sets the stage for curious minds to investigate and discover the world around them. This site is meant to inspire and motivate you to make the outdoors part of your daily life; at school and at home.
Children who spend time outside develop an inclination to experiment and solve problems. Children naturally develop important skills including resilience, motivation, persistence, and creativity when curriculum is authentic and multi-sensory.
- would like to schedule teacher training or a speaking engagement
- need help getting more nature into your program
- want to collaborate
- want to go for a hike
please contact me at: audrey.elszasz@naturepedagogy.